- The candidate must hold a Private Licence.
- 40 hours of instrument time (Instrument time previously logged for the PPL, night rating or CPL could count toward this minimum time.)
- 50 Hours X-Country PIC
- A dual cross-country of at least 100 nautical miles, under simulated or actual IFR conditions must be completed.
- A Transport Canada Written and Flight Test must be completed
How fast can I get it done?
- Training is at the student’s pace and convenience. The course will take 4-6 weeks if full time and 2 months if part time (3-2 lessons a week).
What is the Cost?
Scroll down for minimum requirements and cost estimates for obtaining a Group 1 (Conventional Multi Engine) IFR Rating with Professional Flight Centre.
Transport Canada Required Minimums for Group 1 (Conventional Multi Engine) IFR Rating:
|Redbird Full Motion Sim – 20 hours @$159.00
|BE76 Duchess Training – 25 hours @ $340.00
|Ground Briefing – 10 hours @ $59.00
|3-Day IFR Written Exam Seminar
|1-Day IFR refresher Seminar
|IFR Course Manual
|Total Fees to Professional Flight Centre ($CAD):
|Transport Canada Written Exam Fee
|Multi Engine Flight Test Examiner Fee
|Transport Canada Multi-Engine Endorsement Fee
|Multi-Engine Rating AP Fee
|IFR Flight Test Examiners Fee
|Transport Canada IFR Endorsement Fee
|IFR AP Fee
|Total Incidental Fees ($CAD):
|Total course estimate for the Group 1 (Conventional Multi Engine) IFR Rating ($CAD):
NOTE: These prices do not include applicable taxes & fuel surcharges. The above estimate is based on Transport Canada minimums, any additional training required to meet standards will be billed at the applicable rate.
All prices are in Canadian Dollars ($CAD). For conversion rates to your local currency click here.
Prices subject to change.