Professional Flight Centre proudly presents the 1-day US Checkout Seminar developed by our Pilot Examiner and Class 1 MIFR Instructor, Jim Scott.
The goal of the seminar is to brief students on all the details they will need to plan for and complete the US Check as well as the 300 NM flights to various airports along the West Coast of America.
After the seminar, student will have the option to conduct a dual flight with Jim and/or another one of our experienced instructors (with 2 students at a time) to Bellingham International (KBLI), Boeing Field (KBFI) and Friday Harbour (KBFH) to help the students gain valuable experience in crossing the border, entering the busy Class B airspace around Boeing Field and landing at uncontrolled airports in America.
- Customs online applications sign up (US and Canada)
- Apps with free access to US Publications (maps, CFS, TFRs, airport information)
- Airport entry controlled/uncontrolled procedures
- How to obtain contact with Enroute flight service stations
- How to obtain flight following
- Finding FBO’s, scheduling, what you can expect
- Flight/Route planning
- Break down of check out flight/300nm for CPL students
Class I Flight Instructor / Designated Flight Test Examiner (DFTE)
|Jan ’23||Feb ’23||Mar ’23||Apr ’23||May ’23||Jun ’23||Jul ’23||Aug ’23||Sep ’23||Oct ’23||Nov ’23||Dec ’23|
|1-Day US Checkout||N/A||N/A||N/A||15||20||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD|
Pricing & Notes
The Promotional price to sign up for the seminar will be CAD 130 + GST. This seminar (and the US check flight) will be mandatory for any pilots looking to fly into America using our aircraft.
Please note, PPL students may also attend but they will not be able to complete the flying portion of the US check until they get their PPL licence signed off.