Single Engine IFRWhat does this rating allow you to do…
Allows the pilot to fly during Instrument conditions in a single engine aircraft.
The candidate must hold a Private Licence.
- 40 hours of instrument time (Instrument time previously logged for the PPL, night rating or CPL could count toward this minimum time.) 20 hours can be on a simulator.
- 50 Hours PIC X-Country
- A dual cross country of at least 100 nautical miles, under simulated or actual IFR conditions, must be completed.
- A Transport Canada Written and Flight Test must be completed
How fast can I get it done?
- Training is at the student’s pace and convenience.
- The course will take 4 weeks if full time and 3-4 months if part time (3 lessons a week).
Do I need to pay full program cost up front?
No, there is no need to prepay full program cost up front. Instead, you will pay as you go and be charged by “flight time”. This is the time from engine start to engine stop. The hobbs meter in the aircraft keeps track of this time in .1 hour intervals (6-minute intervals). This article explains why paying full program cost up front may not be a good idea.
What is the Cost?
Scroll down for minimum requirements and cost estimates for Single Engine IFR (Group 3 Instrument rating) with Professional Flight Centre.
Transport Canada Required Minimums for Single-Engine IFR Rating:
|Redbird Full Motion Sim – 20 hours @ $159.00||$3180.00|
|C172 Dual Training – 20 hours @ $212.00||$4240.00|
|Ground Briefing – 7 hours @ $59.00||$413.00|
|3-Day IFR Written Exam Seminar||$450.00|
|1-Day IFR Refresher Seminar||$150.00|
|IFR Course Manual||$125.00|
|Total Fees to Professional Flight Centre ($CAD):||$8558.00|
|Transport Canada Written Exam Fee||$35.00|
|IFR Flight Test Examiners Fee||$350.00|
|Transport Canada IFR Endorsement Fee||$30.00|
|IFR AP Fee||$33.00|
|Total Incidental Fees ($CAD):||$448.00|
|Total course estimate for the Single-Engine IFR Rating ($CAD):||$9006.00|
NOTE: These prices do not include applicable taxes & fuel surcharges. The above estimate is based on Transport Canada minimums, any additional training required to meet standards will be billed at the applicable rate.
All prices are in Canadian Dollars ($CAD). For conversion rates to your local currency click here.
Prices subject to change. Click here to learn about refund policy.