Instructor RatingWhat this rating allows you to do…
Many of our graduates choose to complete the Instructors Rating as it is a very safe way to enter the exciting world of commercial aviation. We do our best to hire our graduates providing we have opportunities available and the candidate meets our requirements of safety, skill, personality, enthusiasm, and customer service.
- The candidate must hold a Commercial Licence.
- The candidate must also hold a Class 1 Medical
- A minimum of 30 hours of dual flight training including 5 hours instrument training
- 25 hours Ground school required.
- Transport Canada written examination and flight test is required.
How long does this rating take to complete?
- Training is at the student’s pace and convenience. The course will take 4-5 months to complete.
What is the Cost?
Scroll down for minimum requirements and cost estimates for obtaining a Instructor Rating with Professional Flight Centre.
Transport Canada Required Minimums for Class IV Instructor Rating:
|C152 Dual Training – 30 hours @ $214.00 (with Class 1 Instructor)||$6420.00|
|Ground Briefing – 25 hours @ $70.00 (with Class 1 Instructor)||$1750.00|
|Books and Supplies||$105.00|
|Total Fees to Professional Flight Centre ($CAD):||$8275.00|
|Transport Canada Flight Test Examiner Fee||$200.00|
|Total Incidental Fees($CAD):||$275.00|
|Total Instructor Rating Cost Estimate ($CAD):||$8550.00|
NOTE: These prices do not include applicable taxes & fuel surcharges. All prices are in Canadian Dollars ($CAD). For conversion rates to your local currency click here. Click here to learn about refund policy.
Frequently Asked Questions
After converting foreign CPL to Canadian CPL, you can then continue with Instructor Rating. Transport Canada has standard requirements for converting foreign CPL to Canadian CPL. Please see following page from Transport Canada for conversion requirements: https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/opssvs/general-personnel-fore-1812.htm
Here is a short summary of conversion process:
- Complete the medical examination.
- Proof that the experience requirement is met.
- Meet the knowledge requirements by successfully completing CPAER written examination.
- Meet the skill requirement by successfully completing a practical Flight Test.
International students who completes CPL or Instructor rating in Canada are eligible for Post-graduation Work Permit (PGWP) upon program completion. The length of the permit would be the total length it took to finish CPL and Instructor Rating.
More information can be obtained from Government of Canada website at here.